If for some reason you want to change your product key, here’s a simple guide to help you continue use of your Microsoft Office product.
Follow these steps:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
Note: You may also find another subkey that resembles the following subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice12.0
- If you find additional subkeys that reference Microsoft 12.0 registration, open each subkey, and then identify the product by the ProductName entry.
For example: ProductName=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- When you find the subkey for the product from which you want to remove the existing product license key, delete the following entries:
- Exit Registry Editor.
The next time that you try to run an Office application, you will be prompted to change the Office 2007 product license key. Then, you can enter the Office 2007 product license key.
Hit the “Install Now” button and your Office app, will be updated with the new key. After updating you can activate your Office app, without reinstalling it.
Bonus tip: Always obtain your software legally.