Important: If you have official firmware higher than 5.03 installed, you wont be able to install chickHEN. The TIFF exploit that chickHEN runs on has been patched on higher Firmwares.
First, here are the Requirements:
- A PSP-3000 or PSP-2000.
- Your firmware version must be 5.03 or lower. If you have anything higher, you wont be able to install chickHen.
- If your Firmware is lower than 5.03 you will need to download 503.pbp
- Download: ChickHEN R2
Step 1. Update your Firmware to 5.03 (If you already have 5.03 installed, you can skip Step 1)
- Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode
- Copy the 503.pbp to folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE
- Disconnect the PSP from USB
- Run the Update via XMB
- Wait for the update to finish.
Step 2. On the Settings menu of your PSP’s XMB, do the following
- Restore to Default Settings’ of PSP
- Turn off UMD Auto-Start and UMD Cache
- Character set to US
- Revert theme for classic
Step 3. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode
Step 4. Unzip ChickHEN R2.zip on your computer, then
- Copy h.bin to your memory stick root, this is where the VIDEO, PICTURE and PSP folders are.
- Copy the chickHEN folder (use the contents PHAT folder for PSP-1000s, SLIM folder for PSP-2000s and PSP-3000s) inside the PHOTO folder of your PSP (X:/PSP/PHOTO is the root of the memory stick, you can create this folder if you don’t have one)
Step 5. Disconnect the PSP from USB.
Step 6. Turn OFF (not standby) your PSP and turn it on again.
Pages: 1 2