How to Toggle QA

Written by Tech84 on December 3, 2012

A reader of this site gave me the idea to make a tutorial on How to Toggle QA flag, although I should have made this separate post earlier. This is for people who were asking How to Toggle QA so I would not have to answer each question one by one. Anyway, hope this helps.

Note: Toggle QA will only work on 3.55 OFW or CFW (Will not work on 4.21/4.30 etc…)

Here’s how to Enable QA Toggle flag:

1. Download QA Toggle pkg here
    2. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
    3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
    4. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
    5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
    6. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
    7. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.

Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55. Here’s How to install Rogero 4.30 on your PS3

Posted in How to's, PS3 Homebrew, PS3 News,

19 Responses to “How to Toggle QA”

Awesome!

2. ozbreaker says:

Mate, I did the toggle and saw the edy viewer etc but still can’t update to rogero, it said update data of version 3.20 or later can be done. Suggestions?

i am on 3.55OFW, how to install the .pkg?

4. abc says:

i have 3.55 OFW how to install .pkg file?

5. littlehelper says:

“i have 3.55 OFW how to install .pkg file?”

You have to install CFW rogero 3.55-3.7 via recovery, then you can
    install QA toggle. Set “System Update Debug : ON”.
    Install MultiMan and make a NOR/NAND Backup of your PS3 -> save backup to USB Stick and then you can inst.savely the newest rogero via recovery…

6. UJ says:

I am trying to upgrade from 3.55 CFW to Rogero 4.xx CFW. I just did what this guide said but my PS3 (Fat second gen) just went blank and here were no beeps. What next?

7. kevin says:

what is toggle QA for? is it like a player or emulator after selecting a game from multiman? pls help me.. tnx..:)

8. Starfox says:

Hey guys

Does someone knows what to change debug mode? somebody tested yet?
    Functions etc…

PeacE from Switzerland

9. Francis says:

Hi Everyone,

My ps3 is running ofw 3.41 and I have USB dongle (ps3usbjailbreak) who does jailbreak running on 3.55. My question is: is it possible to update that dongle to Rogero 4.40? Im just curious to know if anyone does the same, kindly inform please.

10. Carli says:

So, Toggle QA only can be use to install kmeaw 3.55 or reogero3.55? how about the other or higher ?

11. aa says:

hey there.im noob in hacking.i have got ps3 slim.an i need to downgrade it from 4.55 ofw to 3.55 ofw.how can i do it. help me plz ;(

12. Hey there, You have done an excellent job. I will certainly
    digg it and personally suggest to my friends.

I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

13. Heya fantastic blog! Does running a blog such as this take a massive
    amount work? I’ve virtually no knowledge of programming however I
    was hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyway, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I know this is off subject but I simply had to ask.

Thanks!