How to install Rogero 4.40 v1.02 on your PS3

Written by Tech84 on March 28, 2013

Update: Rogero has released an update to his popular custom firmware with Rogero 4.40 v1.03 cfw. Here’s the link for the tutorial on How to install Rogero 4.40 v1.03 on your PS3

As you may read on this site as few days ago, Sony has released the PS3 Official firmware 4.40 update. And Rogero has now released an update to his popular CFW with Rogero 4.40 CFW.

How to install Rogero 4.40 v1.02 on your PS3

Here’s how to install Rogero 4.40 v1.02 on your PS3:

Installation Files:
Download Rogero 4.40 v1.02 cfw here (Mirror Here) (another mirror here)(and another mirror here)

Requirements:
A USB Flash drive (Must be big enough to accommodate the installation files) or an external HD
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 or
A PS3 running on 3.55 Kmeaw cfw or
A PS3 running on Rogero 3.55 cfw or
A PS3 running on Rogero 4.21 cfw or
A PS3 running on Rogero 4.30 cfw
A PS3 running on Rogero 4.40 cfw

(other types of cfw not mentioned here have been reported to work but the ones mentioned here are the most common ones that have been confirmed to work)
This will NOT WORK on PS3′s running any Official Firmware higher than 3.55 (you will need to downgrade to 3.55 first.)
Also, if you come from a downgraded PS3 (you were on a firmware 3.60 or higher and then downgraded to 3.55) you would need to Dehash your PS3 first.

Here are the steps:
IMPORTANT!
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update, if you do not, there is a big chance that the PS3 will install the latest Official Firmware that is loaded in Disc instead of the CFW that you want to install. If that happens, you will be stuck with the Official Firmware and would need to Downgrade your PS3 if you want it to run CFW. (Downgrading a PS3 from any Official Firmware version higher than 3.55 is not an easy task and would need hardware flashers etc.)
Note: If you are installing from 3.55, remember to Toggle QA Flag first for a safer install. If you do not know how to do it, here is a tutorial on How to Toggle QA Flag.

1. Download the file “Rogero_CEX_4.40_v1.02.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
    2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
    3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
    4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
    5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
    6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
    7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
    8. And you’re done!

Alternatively, here are the steps on how to install Rogero 4.40 v1.02 via recovery mode:

1. Download the file “Rogero_CEX_4.40_v1.02.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
    5. While your PS3 is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button until it turns off
    6. When the PS3 is OFF, press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps
    7. When this happens, the PS3 should boot up in recovery Mode (if it does not, repeat steps 5 and 6)
    8. While on recovery mode, select option 6 (System Update)
    9. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
    10. And you’re done!

Note: if you notice, this tutorial is almost very much the same with my old tutorial on the first how to install Rogero 4.30 on your PS3, and How to install Rogero 4.30 V 2.05 but this time you can install this update safely via the XMB.

Important!
After updating to Rogero 4.40 v1.02 you would need to update your Multiman because older versions of Multiman will not work on Rogero 4.40 V1.02, here’s the link on How to install Multiman 4.30.00.

Here are the change logs with the Rogero 4.40 v1.02 update:

v1.00 (initial build)
v1.01 (private beta build)
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
Added the needed patches for the Original “*Install Package Files” Credits to Szalay and “hidden Man”.
HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current “passphrase” still the same but it’s not recommended.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool “PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04″.

Credits to Rogero over at Tortuga-Cove

“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero

78 Responses to “How to install Rogero 4.40 v1.02 on your PS3”

1. LTanea says:

I have Rebug 4.30 cfw can I install rogero 4.40 cfw on it?

2. ivan says:

I heard ReactPSN is not working after this installation, is it?. Should we reinstall licenses with react psn after 4.40?

hey i want to install this new update how to install it on true blue 4.11 , i have read it somewhere that i need to install 3.55 ofw first im confused that should i directly follow you steps or should i first install 3.55 ofw then follow ur steps thnx in advance

4. eyon says:

worked like a charm, from rebug 4.30 to rogero 4.40. thanks!

5. Irvine32 says:

Love you..:D

Enjoying the new firmware and new games.. :P

Went directly from kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero 4.40! many thanks!

7. Squallx says:

from rebug 4.30 to rogero 4.40 here, thanks!

8. Chris says:

Tnx tech!

9. Enrich says:

because during the upgrade tells me corrupted files?
    you can do a downgrade from 4.40 to 3.66?
    thanks.

• Tech84 says:

what firmware are you on? If you are installing via recovery mode, when that message comes up just press select+start

• Anonymous says:

4.40 now the original sony.
        if I try to install Via The recovery mode I get the message immediately corrupted files, I press start + select buttons but nothing happens.
        thanks for the reply.

10. Enrich says:

4:40 now the original sony.
    thanks for the reply.

• Tech84 says:

Unfortunately you cannot install CFW on any official firmware higher than 3.55, you would need to downgrade to 3.55 first.

11. Jp says:

i have a rogero 4.30v2.05 can i install this directly?

12. rindaime says:

thanks bro! your awesome!!!! now i can play ni no kuni ,and now i know my ni no kuni is japanese ver…..huh… one after another it’s rlly annoying ….Thank once again btw YOU ROCK!!!!

13. xrhstos says:

at 77% a pop up message says that The data is corrupted (error code)…what i must do? i downloaded this 2 times for pc and 1 from my mobile

14. agung says:

i have question… my firmware cfw is 3.55 n multiman still old version 1._ i forget, btw can i directly update my firmware to rogero 4.40 v1.02 or rogero 4.30 first?
    can i update multiman man first? :)
    n what is QA toggle flag,,, what for,, can i update without QA toggle flag,,?
    thanks before,,

• Tech84 says:

You can update to Rogero 4.40 directly over 3.55. And yes you can also update multiman first since multiman works with all firmware versions (3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.40)

• agung says:

thankz,,, btw i don’t quite understand with toggle QA flag,,,,
        can i just directly update it to rogero 4.40 without toggle QA flag?
        n yeah,,, one more thing,,, what is xmb n recovery mode?
        can i update it through system update via storage media in setting?

• Tech84 says:

Yes you can. Updating via XMB is the one you described by going to settings then system update then select update via media storage.

XMB stands for the Cross Media Bar, the interface (what you see) on the PS3 (like on the PSP)

• agung says:

thankz bro,,, btw i decided updating using cfw 4.30 v2.05 n done already coz i afraid if updating with this update some game not working,,, n other reason,,
            my question why in system saying 4.31 not 4.30 v2.05,,,?

15. arvind says:

hi,
    i have the rogero mod on my fat ps3….my system info says its v4.31….multiman info says its v4.30{BD-ROM EMULATOR}…but when i follow the instructions given above and try to install it from ext hdd…its says no application updates found…i have tried installing the latest multiman(4.30.00) and going through recovery mode but still it doesnt detect…how do i go about to 4.40…..i have rechecked the folder names and stuff…should my hdd be empty of other stuff??? and only this be there or something like that….some help would be nice…ty

16. Rizky93 says:

My ps3 is on ofw 3.55, i didnt downgrade or anything ive just had it for a while so i dont think i need to dehash it. Anyway my ps3 detects the update but it wont update it…? Not sure why as this is capable of working on ofw 3.55

• Tech84 says:

If that happens try installing via recovery mode, and if any error comes up, just press “select” + “start”

17. arvind says:

actually its the file…i dled it from another site and it worked….the md5 of the download here dint match so dled from elsewhere….thanks anyway

18. RaYz says:

I was in rogero 4:30
    before updating to 4:40
    do i have to update multiman first 4:30?

19. RaYz says:

how to update rogero 4:30 to 4:40?
    whether it should be downgrade first to 3:55? or not?
    or directly from rogero 4:30 to 4:40. via XMB?
    some help would be nice. Thx

20. cool says:

can v play online games in rogero 4.40 cfw?

Do i need to install QA toggle flag first to update?

22. :P says:

I’ve downloaded ROGERO 4.40 v1.03 and started an update. Then I take notice to note on update. It was only 4.40 nothing more. I saw on youtube that update note is rogero 4.40 v1.03 update… So I afraid to do an update because the note on the update is not like that it should be. So what I have to do?

• :P says:

I’m on 3.55 kmeaw. Then I started an update there was no disc or usb inserted. And then I started update there was no notes about rogero.

• :P says:

So what I have to do? When update started I pluged out cabel of ps3. And when I turn on my ps3 it continues the update. PLEASE REPLY!

23. Omid says:

I was forced to upgrade my firmware to 4.4 due to a malfunction (machine would beep thrice meaning corrupt hdd upon shutting down) now I have a fresh start with my ps3. Do I need to down grade to 3.55 in order to have rogero 4.40?

24. Omid says:

I was forced to upgrade my firmware to 4.4 due to a malfunction (machine would beep thrice meaning corrupt hdd upon shutting down) now I have a fresh restart with my ps3. Do I need to down grade to 3.55 in order to have rogero 4.40?

25. Wiz says:

These are my steps for installing 4.40 cfw wish works with yours aswell :
    1.turn on system on recovery mode, select update #6 n follow instruction.
    2.install toggle QA on normal mode after automatic restart at package file, select toggle QA “rebug” pres x, go to network setting, press L1 L2 L3 down pad R1 R2, install toggle QA.
    3.turn off and turn on system on recovery mode install rogero 3.55 , after restart install toggle QA same as 2nd step and install package file multiman 4.30 and showtime package file, turn off turn on system on recovery mode.
    4.install upgrade ps3 4.40 cfw ,follow instruction.
    just try if error start from beginning again, but check your internet connection, while downloading files via internet to prevent corrupted files.

26. Wiz says:

revised:
    step1 turn on system on recovery mode and install downgrader PUP on update #6 follow instruction.
    downgrader , toggle qa, and rogero 3.55 u can get on:

27. joe says:

i recently installed rogero and updated to the newest version of multiman.Now none of my games will work from my HDD.Please help

28. Connor says:

hey bruh, just need to ask something, would you be able to play online if you have jailbroken your ps3, so if i download Regero now would i be able to play online or will i get banned soon?

hey bro i have a modchip ps3 can i update my old rogero to this new one ..

30. george says:

I KEEP GETTING THE DATA IS CORRUPTED 8002F957

im having problems with downgrading my ps3 im on firmware 4.40 and i want to downgrade to 3.55 and i have downloaded Rogero downgrade and it goes up to 70 and then comes up with the data is corrupted i have the ps3 cech-2002a any suggestions or any help would be greatful thank you for your time

george

31. Achiel says:

Thanks,, It Work for me ON CFW 3.55 CECH2504B

32. ronaldsulistyo says:

Hi..i tried to upgrade following all your step and instruction but my console siad no application update found..i have rogero multiman cfw 4.30..

Can you help me please?

Thx a lot before..

33. Akshay says:

Thanks :)

34. Shnijo says:

Hi guys .
    I have a 320GB CECH2501B slim version PS3 with v 4.11
    Tell me can i also play game from my hard disk ?
    is there any way to find a solution?
    I am really upset i dont know much abt ps3.
    plz help.
    thanks

35. Kishan says:

Hey guys,
    I decided to install Habib’s 4.46 CFW while i am on 4.46 OFW.
    I continuously try but the “Data is Corrupted. (8002F957)” Bubble comes up during the update.
    I know i am doing something wrong but I just don’t know.
    I followed everything.
    Download. Put on USB drive. PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP
    Please help

• nik0 says:

you say you were on 4.46 OFW, you cannot install cfw on any ps3 running OFW higher than 3.55.

ps i’m new to this site. thanks

36. Leonheart says:

How to check OFW on Ps3 Slim?

37. harshad says:

how to downgrade 4.41 to 3.55??
    plz help me

38. ali says:

i successfully upgraded to 4.30
    however when i try to go online using the psn it says that i have to update the firmware in order to gain access, what should i do?

• Tech84 says:

4.46 is the latest firmware so i guess 4.66 is required to gain access to PSN, there is rogero 4.66 already available