MultiMAN 04.30.00 now available

Written by Tech84 on March 28, 2013

Update: Deank has released a new update with Multiman 4.40.00. Here’s the link for the post about Multiman 4.40.00

Rogero has now released an update to his cfw with Rogero 4.40 v1.02 and Deank has answered with a new Multiman update to compliment the new latest Rogero cfw with Multiman 4.30.00.
(Note: Older Multiman versions will not work on Rogero 4.40 V1.02)

Multiman  04.30.00

Here’s whats new with Multiman 4.30.00:

* Added support for various 4.40CFWs
* Added support for loading PS2 Classics (from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO) (thanks flatz & ing.pereira)

Requirements:
A USB flash drive or an External HD (Both must have free space enough to accommodate the installation files)
A PS3 running CFW (3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.40)

Installation Files:
Download Multiman 4.30.00 here. (115.60MB)
The Zip package would include:

* multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE CEX (20130324).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE DEX (20130324).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE STEALTH (20130324).zip
* Showtime 04.03.100 [CEX].pkg
* Showtime 04.03.100 [DEX].pkg

Here are the steps on How to install Multiman 4.30.00

1. Download the file multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE (20130324).zip.
2. Extract the files and Copy the multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE CEX PKG file you just downloaded to the root of your USB or external HD (It would show something like: X:Multiman.pkg where “X” is the drive letter of your USB/External HD)
3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
4. Go to Game, then Install PKG files
5. Run the Multiman PKG file
6. Just follow any on screen instructions
7. And you’re done!

If you want to install Showtime, just follow these steps:

1. Download the file multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE (20130324).zip. (if you’ve done this already, just look for the extracted folder from when you first install multiman 4.30.00)
2. Extract and Copy the file Showtime 04.03.100 [CEX].pkg you just downloaded to the root of your USB or external HD (It would show something like: X:showtime.pkg where “X” is the drive letter of your USB/External HD)
3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
4. Go to Game, then Install PKG files
5. Run the Showtime PKG file
6. Just follow any on screen instructions
7. And you’re done!

Credits, and thanks to Deank for his support for the homebrew scene.

Stay tuned here to get the latest Multiman updates!

50 Responses to “MultiMAN 04.30.00 now available”

1. Nestea says:

thanks i was wondering why my games would not run, i was running multiman 4.20.04 when i installed rogero 4.40

how to use the stealth mode plz help

• Tech84 says:

It basically tries to hide your Homebrew apps

• Anonymous says:

yeah i know its feature i dont know how to install it ,it would be a gr8 if u will help me plz rply asap coz i want to play online in psn thnx in advance

• Ted says:

install it the same way you install the base multiman, use the pkg file

• Anonymous says:

there is no pkg file there is a zip file called stealth i unzip it it gives me a file name report_data i load it from mmOS sometimes it says u need to install thebase file blah blah and sometimes it gives me a black screen im in need of desperate help plz rply asap

• Tech84 says:

hi there, there are two ways to install stealth multiman

1. copy the report_data file on the root of your memstick/ext HD along with the “multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE CEX (20130324).pkg” and then install the PKG again from the XMB

2. (if you know your way around multiman) rename the report_data.txt to stealth.self (anyFileName filename for that matter as long as it ends with “.self”) go to multiman file manager and run it (double click) multiman stealth will start install

3. charlie says:

is that important to install showtime?? what is showtime use for??

• Tech84 says:

Showtime is used a multimedia viewer which is way better the the native PS3 video player.

In Showtime you can play flv files and other video formats usually not supported by the PS3′s player.

• charlie says:

dear tech84,i would like to say thanks a lot for your information,your link,and your tutorial,i already done upgrade my firmware,and this is second time i sucsesfully do that,first i try my cfw 3.55 to 4.30 (with newer multiman) and now i done upgrade to cfw 4.40 (with multiman and showtime) you are very helpfull and for me its give me more experience) i hope you can always exsist on this site,and always up to date .once more,thanks a lot tech84

4. charlie says:

Do I need to uninstall or delete my previous multiman?

6. Dr Hoffman says:

Hi there all,

This is a very helpful site with wonderful people giving great advice.

I have a question please.

I have a PS3 running CFW 3.55 for a long time now. What is Rogero 4.40 v1.02 and how do I install it to work with mM 04.30.00? I am getting very confused with the advice on the net and do not want to loose my mM CFW. (Thank You DeanK, You do wonderful work. I admire what you do)

Please help.

Many thanks in advance and Kind regards

Dr Hoffman

• Dr Hoffman says:

PS: I have subscribed to this post with a genuine email to receive help. I will refresh the page soon to hopefully receive your graceful help to get the most out of my PS3.

Kind Regards

Dr Hoffman

• Tech84 says:

Thanks for the kind words.

Rogero 4.40 is currently the most up to date CFW. With Rogero 4.40, you can play the most current games that require higher firmware versions.

It’s easy to install via the XMB, you can check out the guide here: http://tech4idiots.org/2013/03/28/how-to-install-rogero-4-40-v1-02-on-your-ps3/

The reason you should update to MM4.30.00 is that lower multiman versions would not work on Rogero 4.40. Plus MM 4.30.00 is more stable than previous versions. MM 4.30.0 also works on all CFWs (3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.40)

• Dr Hoffman says:

I have had a look at the link, it seems very straight forward.

I have downloaded Rogero 4.40 v1.03 from the following website

The first one I downloaded is about 194MB in size. I installed it as the TuT said to but it failed at 77%.

I re downloaded from another link on the same page and now the file size is larger at 198 MB.

I am wary of installing a ROUGE version of the update that could very well be a OFW renamed to look like Rogero.

Please be patient with me. Is there a way to make absolutely sure that the downloaded file is the correct one?

I rather ask You the question than google and find way to many answers that just make me more wary. I like my Beloved PS3 and do not want to sit with a paperweight or having to, or can’t, downgrade to re Rogero the unit.

Kind regards

Dr Hoffman

• Dr Hoffman says:

always PS: with me…

I am currently running Kmeaw 3.55 with MM40.30.00. Do I have to do the “Toggle QA Flag first” or does that only apply when doing a new fresh install on a OFW machine?

I want to do this corrrrrrrrrect the first time :)

7. Wroxtar says:

Sir, please please I need a tutorial to be able to play ps2 games on my ps3 using that ps2 classics method which is very popular nowadays…thanks a lot :)

8. Mekainz says:

Hello, im conected to internet with MultiMAN 04.30.00 and he don´t update game covers is some reason for that or is some thing i do wrong?
    Thanks to Dean and all people involved to make this happen.
    Cheers.

9. Abdu says:

download link is not working :”Sorry, the file you requested is not available.”

10. Abdu says:

hi I have several question if you could please answer :
    - Can I take my external HDD to a friend and let him copy some games using his ps3 with multiman , then play them from the external hdd on my ps3 ?

- do we need to have the same multiman version ? in case his multiman version is older than mine

- if I updated multiman to a newer version , does that affect games stored on the harddisk ?

- if i updated from older Rogero CFW to the latest CFW does that affect games stored on the harddisk

thanks alot for your very useful blog

11. 1234 says:

Is there a mirror link cause the link led me to “Sorry, the file you requested is not available.”

12. Josphryan says:

The link provided to download to download the miltimam is no longer working. Please help

13. rocksssss says:

my ps3 is not showing install package file folder in game menu! plz help me out

14. sanjay says:

i can download the miltiman pls help me

15. sanjay says:

and pls tell me witch ver. of militman spport rogero 4.40

16. Nash says:

Hi the download link is not working. Says file has been removed! Help please!

17. fanny says:

tq very much Tech84, your posts have been very helpful..
    I’m an amateur at things like this, and to upgrade my PS3 to a game shop just costs too much, i’m so desperate, but your tutor really help me so much..
    tq very much >.<..

18. stk says:

Can I install newer version of multiman when I have older versions without unistaling the older version?

19. Silverdude says:

Why does mine show error occured during installation(80029563)?
    And i cant even play my old multiman version 4.20 anymore?
    Does this mean i need to uninstall my old version MM 4.20?

• Tech84 says:

From experience you do not need to uninstall the old version as the newer version automatically installs over the older version. As for the error, you can try re-downloading the file See if that works.

20. xPuRiFiieD_HACKS says:

hey i might buy a 3.55 ps3 it has multiman installed but i want to uninstall it and install 4.30.2 rex edition please answer back as soon as posible thx

21. cilli says:

i have firmware 4.25 and have tried rogero 4.46 and 4.50 and comes to round 70 persent and says data corrupt. can i jailbreak the 4.25 and how witch version must i use please help so frustrated. or must i downgrade it and how thanks!!