How to downgrade to 3.55 from any CFW

Written by Tech84 on April 11, 2013

This is for PS3’s already running CFW and you want to downgrade back to 3.55 for testing purposes, or to try out other firmwares or for some other weird reason you may have.

How to downgrade to 3.55 from any CFW

Requirements:
A USB Flash drive (Must be big enough to accommodate the installation files) or an external HD
A PS3 running any cfw (this means this work on Rogero 4.21, 4.30, 4.30 V2.05, 4.40 v1.02 and Rogero 4.40 V1.03)

Here’s how to downgrade to 3.55 from any CFW:

Download the Rogero downgrader PUP here. (Mirror here)(And another here)(And one more here)
Download QA Toggle pkg here

Here are the steps to downgrade to 3.55 from any CFW
IMPORTANT!
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.

1. Download the “3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP”, and rename the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
2. In your USB flash drive or external HD, create a new folder and name it “PS3″
3. Inside the “PS3″ folder, create a new folder and this time name it “UPDATE”
4. Copy the 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP (which is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”) inside the “UPDATE” folder
5. Insert the USB or external HD on to your PS3 and on the XMB, go to “System Update” and select “Update Via Storage Media”
6. Follow any onscreen instructions that would come up.
7. Once the update is finished, you will now be on Rogero CFW3.55, it wills till show the old CFW on the system settings, this is normal.
8. Now you can either stay on 3.55 or update to a higher cfw version.

Important!: Before installing any higher OFW or CFW, you need to Toggle QA first. The reason your PS3 still shows the old CFW version is because the syscon version will still have the old cfw version. Hence we need to Toggle QA first because if you update your PS3 without toggling QA will results to problems such as bricking (and you don’t want that).

Here’s how Toggle QA:

1. Download the QA Toggle pkg here.
    2. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
    3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
    4. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
    5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
    6. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
    7. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files. (if not, repeat step number 5, 6 and 7)
    8. Now you can update to any CFW you want.

To make it short:
1. Install the downgrader PUP
2. Toggle QA
3. Install install any CFW you want.

Credits to Rogero and the Forums at Tortuga Cove

“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero

Posted in How to's, PS3, PS3 Homebrew, Rogero, Tech,

43 Responses to “How to downgrade to 3.55 from any CFW”

1. ivan says:

can we install official firmware 3.55 on 3.55 cfw?

2. Sandimas says:

finally i am to go back to 4.30 2.05! From Rogero 4.40 back to 3.55 then back to Rogero 4.30 v2.05!

thanks alot!

3. leo says:

My ps3 was jail broken once on 3.55 and I updated it cos I didn’t believe the jailbreak thought its gonna break my ps3 and now im on 4.31 ofw and want to downgrade or either jailbreak my ps3 again help!!!!!!! Plzzzzzzz!!!!

4. poon says:

thanks for the easy step by step guide

5. Santi says:

Thanks much!!

6. Patrick says:

i did everything you said and i’m on the Rogero 3.55 downgrade now.
    Everytime i try to update to Rogero cfw 4.40 v1.03 it says the data is broken.
    Do you have a solution?

• Ted says:

Try installing via recovery mode, then is any message comes up, pres select+start

also try a different download from the mirrors, maybe it got corrupted at some point while downloading.

7. Zydrunas says:

Hello,

Why I GOT CORRUPTED DATA? :(

8. Victor says:

I want proof that this actually works. I am in the midst of looking to buy a playstation 3 system and I want to be sure that it is going to work.

9. charlie says:

urgent please….
    i have already done downgrade my cfw 4.40 with 3.55 downgrader rogero,and the problem was start from when i want to upgrade to 4.30 rogero,first step i was toggle QA like your tutorial and its work, i’ve seen edy viewer then i start to upgrade from.recovery mode but its not worked the sistem say techical error 8002F2CF etc…then i try your another link 4.30 to download,then i tried upgrade from xmb menu,upgrade from.media storage but i found the same thing…i tried download your another link again but the last when i open the storage media there is no data to upgrade,i check the folder and the name and its correct PS3 > UPDATE> PS3UPDAT.PUP, i tried from recovery mode again but i found the same problem,please help.me.to fix this tech4idiots…..thanks before..

10. gideon says:

Hello,

Why I GOT CORRUPTED DATA?

11. Kasun says:

Hello,

I have pd3 – slim 500gb which is on OFW 4.21 can i downgrade it to 3.55 and then jailbrek it? because i want to play pirate games.. or any jailbreak is available to jailbreak 4.21 version

Thanks

12. chris says:

i’m on 3.55 rogero .i tryed to update to 4.40 it says data corrupted ..cant install update .

13. hos says:

when the downgrade gets to 70% it gives a error what should i do???????????

14. Begad says:

unfortunately this doesn’t work on my ps3..
    i have a fat 60gb ps3, version 4.41 and i did everything as told to downgrade but it always says error data is corrupted. even when i tried to install it from recovery mode. if any1 could help.. i would really appreciate it
    (unfortunately i can’t keep buying games forever.. they are too expensive to handle anymore :( )

• Tech84 says:

Is your 4.41 PS3 running CFW? Because this guide only works for PS3’s already running CFW on their systems.

15. logan says:

cna someone help me im on 3.55 keamw or what ever its called. could someone help me with this i want to go on rebug but i dont want to brick the system.

16. StrikeFury30 says:

it can downgrade cfw 4.46?

17. me says:

FCKING DATA IS CORRUPTED

18. kkc says:

does this work for super slim

19. HuSkFeedz says:

hey im on 4.55 official firmware and i wanna go to 3.55 how do i do that plz help

20. uzowulu steven says:

When I try to downgrade it den it reach to 72 nd said corrupted data..mwhat should I do

21. reynaldo says:

update data of version 4.50 or later can be installed on this system

22. Eduardo says:

It doesn’t work… I’m on CFW Rogero 4.55 and recovery method says I need an update later than 4.55 and xbm method says data corrupted… Already tested this and Habib downgraded 3.55… Both result in same error… And YES, I have CFW with showtime and multiman installed and running…

• Ted says:

Hmmm thats weird, il get back to you as il try to replicated this on my rrogero 4.55. This has always worked for me back with rogero 4.40 wen i last tested this with new cfw

• Eduardo says:

Sorry… My mistake! I was trying to downgrade rogero 4.55 with habib and regub downgrader… After downloading rogero downgrader, it worked! Thanks and sorry…

23. Bilal says:

Will it work on habib 4.60??

24. Kate says:

Can I use this method for Rogero 4.6?