How to install Rogero 4.46 v1.00 CFW

Written by Tech84 on July 18, 2013

UPDATE! Rogero has released an update with Rogero 4.50 v1.00 CFW.

Rogero is back again with a new update to his popular cfw for the PS3 with Rogero 4.46 v1.00. PS3 Official Firmware 4.46 has been available for some time now as a fix for the errors introduced by the PS3 4.45 OFW that resulted to some bricked consoles. And obviously Rogero has skipped making a cfw for 4.45 and went with the more stable 4.46 firmware.

Rogero 4.46

Here’s how to install Rogero 4.46 v1.00 on your PS3:

Installation Files:
You can Download Rogero 4.46 v1.00 cfw here. (193 MB)
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4
Mirror 5

NOTE: This will not work on any PS3 running any Official Firmware higher than 3.55.

Requirements:
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 or
A PS3 running on any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.41
A USB Flash drive or an external hard drive that’s big enough to accommodate the installation files. (192MB and must be Fat32 Format)

Here are the steps on How to install Rogero 4.46 v1.00 cfw:
IMPORTANT! Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.

1. Download the file “Rogero_CEX_4.46_v1.00.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
8. And you’re done!

Here’s whats included in Rogero 4.46 cfw:

ReactPSN patch to work offline without the need to log into PSN at all.
noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver <= 3.41/3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.41/4.46
HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
PSN/SEN access is available but it's not recommended.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.46 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
The CFW can be used for Downgrading with Hardware flashers with PS3 Flash Auto Patcher v4.46

As always, credit and thanks to Rogero over at the Totuga Forums.

“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero

Note: Older versions of Multiman (versions 4.40 and lower) are having problems with Rogero 4.45 cfw, thankfully Deank has released an update with Multiman 4.46.01 to address these issues.

Posted in How to's, PS3, PS3 Homebrew, Rogero, Tech,

115 Responses to “How to install Rogero 4.46 v1.00 CFW”

1. samuel8311 says:

Thanks a lot! I’ve been waiting for this. Again thank you so much and more power!!!

2. Dennis says:

Don’t i need to dehash first?

• Tech84 says:

If you are coming from a lower cfw, like Rogero 4.40 or 4.41 and so on, you do not need to dehash

• momen says:

What if I am coming from Rogero 4.30 am I have to Dehash my ps3 , please say no :) :)

• momen says:

By the way I’ve come from 3.55 OFW to 3.55 CFW then I installed Rogero 4.30 without Dehash and It worked fine now even with the latest games were supposed to work with 4.46 like “Splinter cell black list” do you think it will make any different if I upgrade to Rogero 4.46 CFW, a friend of mine facing some problem with games like “Disney” as it says “4.46 required”
          thanks :)

• deniman88 says:

if you want to play splinter cell you need rogero 4.46 and any games that are 4.46

• momen says:

Splinter cell is working just fine on Rogero 4.30, do you know what, I didn’t do any thing, just after I launch it, a question pop up says, this game is working on OFW 4.46 do you want to config it with 4.30, I said yes, and it works, but you have to check on both mirror and external buttons.

• deniman88 says:

people who are new in ps3 cfw will always have some questions about it, it’s better to ask then damage your ps3

• deniman88 says:

then just install rogero 4.40 and then 4.46 it is that easy, and install it from recovery mod

3. Dennis says:

I’m on CFW 4.30 v2.03 Rogero.
    My PS3 is downgraded so just to be sure, i dont need to dehash?

4. JCA says:

Do we still need to Toggle QA from 4.41 to 4.46?

5. Dennis says:

That’s the thing.
    I don’t really sure if my PS3 is dehashed.
    Because i brought i to a jailbreak company.
    So maybe they have downgraded my PS3 directly to 4.30 CFW

6. gs says:

hai sir ji thanks for upload this cfw…
    but i have some problem..
    i was install 4.46 cfw and run multiman, than first time is display multiman not suported,, but run multiman fine…
    but ps3 game i was select… but not mount on XMB bd so please help me…

• gs says:

error is: multiman BD-ROM emulator caanot enable functionality may be restricted
      error: unsupported system firmware

plese help me how to fix this error

7. StrikeFury30 says:

does Rogero 4.46 support MultiMan 4.40.00?

8. deniman88 says:

i bricked my ps3 rogero4.40v1.03 when i was trying to install the newest rogero 4.46v1.00. ps3 was dehashed, i instal rogero from xmb and it was bricked now i must pay 60 euro to unbrick ps3. thanks a lot rogero you prick

9. deniman88 says:

no my bluray is broken so no and for the spoofer in the instructions that rogero give it was no word about spoofer- sorry for my english

10. deniman88 says:

if your going to install rogero 4.46 then you install it from recovery mod and not from xmb its much safer. they can say that rogero 4.46 is safe if you folow the instructions but ther in no safe way

11. Nino says:

Just a quick question:

If i have OFW 3.55 i could just install this through XMB directly?
    No need to separately toggle QA or install a lower version first? I could go straight for this one in XMB (not recovery console).

12. Ricky says:

I have 3.55 custom firmware, no idea abour dehash or whatever it is as I brought jailbreaked. So do I just install this via XMB update? Or I have to do something else? :/ sorry for being a noob ..

• Anonymous says:

install it from recovery much safer you do not want to brick your ps3, if your not sure the ps3 was dehashed you can do it yourself it. you need about 5 min and it s not hard to do it. there s a great video on youtube on how to dehash ps3- gameblamer- the first time i dehashed my ps3 i watched his video and it was a great help

13. onyx says:

hi.. i’m not sure about my CFW 3.55 version. (kmeaw) i think.. can i use this rogero 4.46 v.1.0 to update?
    or must be back to 3.55 OFW first—> dehashed—>, then update to this CFW rogero?
    please give me MD5 checksum for Rogero_CEX_4.46_v1.00.PUP.. i don’t want corrupted downloading files bricking my PS3 …
    thanks

• Ted says:

yes you can go directly to Rogero 4.46 v1.0, no need to go back to OFW 3.55. to be safe you can toggle QA first for a safer install: http://tech4idiots.org/2012/12/03/how-to-toggle-qa/

• deniman88 says:

i brick my ps3 and rogero 4.46 md5 checksum was fine and i checked it at least five times but i still bricked it, you can install it on your 3.55cfw no need dehashing your ps3. for the checksum you can find it on tortuga cove, don t install it if your not sure what are you doing. you don t want to bricked ps3, ther is a plenty of games that are working without rogero 4.46

• tech84 says:

hi there, can you tell what your firmware was prior to installing the update? and any other info? such as if it was a fat or slim, downgraded/dehashed or something

because cases like these has been very rare and it would be very helpful to the scene if you tell what specific circumstances resulted to the brick.

• deniman88 says:

no problem, my firmware was rogero 4.40v1.03, ps3 was fat 40gb i downgraded it and dehash it, my blue ray is broken. ps3 was on 4.21 ofw and i send it to service for downgrading but the repair guy didnt use e3 flasher he did it whit a computer. when he downgraded it system software was 4.21 but multiman was installed and everything was there. after that i use rogero downgrader and install rogero 4.30 and after that 4.40 from recovery mod ,rogero 4.46 was installed from xmb and bricked my ps3. i don t now why ps3 was bricked maybe because i was installing it from xmb who knows, hope i helped. no worries ps3 will be repaired in short time

any time

15. Mr D says:

Hey
    Whats the point of qa toggle. Am I suppose to change the settings or something. I am on 3.55cfw and want to update to 4.46. Must I do it via recovery or system update option after toggling qa???

• deniman88 says:

the point of qa toggle is when you are dehashing your ps3 it is safer to do it that s the point of qa toggle. but you are on 3.55cfw and no need to use it, install rogero from recovery mod

16. Mr D says:

Officially on rogero 4.46… Thank you for this guide and your help guys
    : )

17. Hypetia says:

HELLO!!!!
    MY PS3 IS JAIBROKEN (its a OFW3.55 machine)………
    and it shows – System Version 3.70 now……..so can i directly install this through XMB directly?????

please reply!!

• deniman88 says:

don’t do that you might brick your ps3, first you have to dehash, download rogero downgrader and folow the instructions. it’s not that hard you have to change the name of each file there are 3 files. when you install all the files you will be on rogero4.46. first install qa toggle . install all 3 files from recovery mod much safer. when you install rogero 4.46 leave a reply and god luck

• Hypetia says:

Hey, Thanks !! for the information :)
        But funny thing is i already installed it directly without reading your reply…..and luckily it worked like a charm! now i’m on 4.46!!!
        btw Thank you all for the good work!

• deniman88 says:

no problem i am glad that you install rogero without any problems, now you don’t need any patche’s or eboot’s

18. deniman88 says:

one question you install it from xmb, only rogero 4.46 you didn’t dehash first, and your system software was 3.70 and now is 4.46

19. Carli says:

I want to upgrade my cfw 3.55 to cfw rogero 4.xx, but i hav already install spoofer 4.11 and now i have already uninstall it. can i just upgrade it to rogero because i had uninstall the spoofer? or do i need to dehash first? thx

20. kevin01 says:

wat multiman can support this 4.46 version?4.40.00?

21. Nick says:

This site and the information it contains is amazing!

Thanks for all the help. I am following the instructions now.
    Again, appreciate the effort.

22. Alex says:

Hello guys,
    I am using Rogero 4.41 v.1.00 and from what i have read, i understood that i should be able to install ver. 4.46 from the XMB screen without using any other stuff, but beeing that i am a newbie in using PS3, i wanted to ask you, to avoid bricking my console, so is is ok if i update just by using the method described at the begining of this post ?

• deniman88 says:

i had rogero 4.40 v1.03 and when i install it from xmb the ps3 was bricked, the best way to install rogero 4.46 is from recovery mod, but there is always a chance that you will brick your ps3. there is no safe way , rogero is always telling that you use his cfw at your own risk, when i used it the ps3 was bricked, yours may not who knows

• DUSTIN says:

hi i have 4.46 and have downloaded rogero 4.46 v1.00 and keep getting corrup file when about 70%. can you help.? please email me
        thanks

• deniman88 says:

you can’t install rogero 4.46 cfw on ps3 that has 4.46 official firmware, you need to downgrade your ps3 to ofw 3.55 and then install rogero cfw, you will get corrupted file every time if you don’t downgrade ps3

can this rogero is still dowgradedable using the same method to all rogero 4.xx?

• deniman88 says:

just dehash if you are on 4.46 cfw, if you are on ofw then you need e3 flasher. dehashing is not that hard if you are not sure on the youtube there are many great videos on how to do it, the best is from gameblamer in mine opinion

24. Sieg says:

Can you give the instruction how to downgrade to 3.55 from 4.46

25. Alex says:

I know this is a noob question, but i cannot help asking it, what is the advantage of downgrading to version 3.55?

• deniman88 says:

if you have rogero 4.40 way would you want to downgrade to 3.55, there is no advantage for every game that is over 3.55 you need patch-fix with rogero cfw there is no need for that just put the game in external or in ps3 and play, and with 3.55 not all games will work because of a fix or patch

• Alex says:

That was exactly my point, i do not understand why would you do that… That is why i do not understand why so many ask about the posibility of downgrading

26. NewToPS3 says:

Hello,

I just bught my 2nd PS3 and can I on this CFW play games like Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 1,2,3, The Last of Us, Fight night champion?

(I bought my 1st PS3 when it come out and play only original and sell it after 1-2 months)

yes you can if you have rogero 4.46 installed on your ps3 then you can

• Tech84 says:

hey diniman88, if you have time can you send me an email? I have a question to ask. you can find my email in the “About” page. (dont wanna post the email here for obvious reasons lol)

27. NewToPS3 says:

28. NewToPS3 says:

So I have another question.

My PS3 is on 4.31v and when I try to downgrade it say: “no app data was found”, then I tried to downgrad via recovery menu and say: ” data is corrupted 8002f225″.

How can I downgrade to 3.55?

• deniman88 says:

download rogero downgrader from tortuga cove, maybe the files you have are corrupted. in the previous comments i see that you want to play the newest games and what is the reason you want to downgrade because with 3.55 you wont be able to play last of use, gta5 or any game that is 4.46. if your ps3 is on 4.31 ofw then you will need e3 flasher the rogero downgrader will not help you

• NewToPS3 says:

I thinks that I will need E3 flasher, but I asked just to be sure.
        I need to downgrade to 3.55 so I can install 4.46 CFW.

• deniman88 says:

yes first downgrade and then install rogero, all the fat model’s can be downgraded and some slim’s but the newest models canot be downgraded

29. superpants says:

just bought a ps3 with the intent to put cfw on it, but it came with ofw 4.46. can I run cfw 4.46 without a downgrade?

• deniman88 says:

no man you have to downgrade it first, if you bought the newest ps3 super slim then a am sorry to say you cannot downgrade it at all

30. adriano says:

Can you go online with this firmware?

• deniman88 says:

yes you can but it is not recommended, my friend’s ps3 was banned, and now when he try to connect to psn with the ps3 ofw 4.46 he can’t. that is one bad thing about rogero cfw or any cfw

31. homura says:

Great thread and info!

Just wanted to double check one thing before proceeding with the upgrade

I am on cfw 3.55 running latest multiman. All my games have been fixed for 3.55. Does that mean that after the update I have to get back to the original boot and param file for every single game? If so is there an easy way of doing it, like upgrading game from multiman or something? Will i loose any save data? Thanks again to all of you

• deniman88 says:

no you don’t have to do that, i had the same question’s like you when i was installing rogero 4.30 just install and enjoy, you will not lose save data or anything. i had about 30 games on 3.55cfw diskles and after installation of rogero all my games worked like a charm, no more worries about fix or eboot

32. Aman Bhatia says:

i Want to know that my ps3 is cfw 4.41 (rogero) and my multiman is 4.40 so i want to update my ps3 to (rogero) 4.46 so when i tried these instructions, when i selected “update via storage media” it said “no applicalbe data was found”..
    So Plz Plz Help me..
    I Really Need Ur Help
    Thanks In Advance..

• deniman88 says:

maybe you have write the wrong order of words, first make folder PS3 then another folder in ps3 named UPDATE. then rename the rogero 4.46 to PS3UPDAT.PUP and transfer ps3updat.pup in folder named UPDAT in this order PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP. if you follow this instructions everything would be fine and install it from recovery mod, much safer

33. miss says:

Hello I would like to ask you a question.I have just brought a brand new ps3 and would like to include rogero 4.46 onto my ps3 as I am new to all of this can I just download it straight away to ps3 following your instructions or would I need to find what system my ps3 is using at the moment

• deniman88 says:

hey miss if your ps3 is on a firmware bigger then a 3.55 then you need a e3 flasher to downgrade it or give it somebody to do it for you, check it in system settings and then send a e-mail about installing rogero cfw on your ps3

34. Trung says:

Hello, after reading several comments I understand there are some issue in going from 4.40 v1.03 rogero to 4.46 rogero. Should I go ahead and update to 4.46 rogero? If not, what should I do to play games that required 4.46? I really need some help. Thanks in advance.

• deniman88 says:

is there a risk in installing rogero 4.46 yes it is, ps3 is your’s and you can install everything you want, if you are going to install 4.46 do it from recovery mod, i was on 4.40v1.03 and after installing 4.46 ps3 was bricked, there is no safe way to install the newest rogero. rogero 4.46 is better then previous edition, you can play the newest games and i think 4.46 is probably last cfw if sony don’t update it’s current software. so my advice is install rogero 4.46 and good luck- but only from recovery not xmb

• Trung says:

Oh alright, thank you very much, your advice is very helpful. After reading your comment, you are right. It’s better to installed it through recovery mode, but again no safe way as you said. So the people who successfully installed 4.46 rogero was from recovery mode, or did they come from a firmware lower than 4.40 like, 4.30 or something? Any people bricked their ps3 by installing it through recovery mode?

• deniman88 says:

i never heard any one bricked their ps3 from recovery no one has left a comment about that, it makes no difference on what rogero cfw you are, just check md5 of rogero 4.46 and everything you can before install. and if ps3 is on a cfw lower then 4.40 cfw like on 4.30 just for sure install qa toglle,

35. karake says:

Hello everyone , i have a ps3 with 3.55 version with rogero 8.2 so i think it’s 3.55 CFW but can i update directly to 4.46 CFW or i need to do something before , like rehashing(what is rehashing?) I still noob in ps3 . another question if the latest version of ps3 is 4.5 and i am on 3.55 can i update to 4.46 CFW ? Or its like iPhone , you only can update to latest version .

36. Dru says:

Stupid question – does my PS3 *have* to be on ofw 3.55? I haven’t used mine for ages, it is on 3.41. So should I upgrade first? Thanks

37. ghassen98 says:

thx guys about all the information i updated my ps3 today and everything went smooth :)

38. IIXVXII says:

hello kind sir ^^…my current cfw is 4.30 what should i do to upgrade it to cfw 4.46 ? i’m nuwbe here^^ i just bough my ps3 with an rogero 4.30 i want to upgrade it to cfw 4.46 ….please any one of u to be kindly give me some instruction ^^

39. nickw says:

hey i’m using rogero v4.40 1.02 and wanna update to 4.46 but when i search the update through storage media it says that no updates were found. I’ve downloaded the 4.46 file and renamed it and placed it in a file. And i’m using multiman too. Any suggestion ? Please reply quick

Can’t wait to play gt6 lol

• nickw says:

hey my bad , i didn’t named the file correctly. Thank you to this forum , now i can play gt6 and had a large smile :))))

Happy New Year all !

Greetings from Indonesia !

40. van deux says:

Hello..I jst bought a ps3 runnin on an ofw 4.46 how can I do install a cfw and which cfw can I install on it..am new to this…thnks

• deniman88 says:

then you need e3 flasher, and somebody to downgrade ps3, installing rogero on ofw 4.46 is not possible, ps3 need’s to be on 3.55 ofw and them you can install rogero

• van deux says:

Alright bt is there any other way of jailbreakin it otha than with e3 flasher or rogero?? Wit a usb method

• deniman88 says:

no there is no other way, it’s not very expensive about 50 dollars, that is the price in Croatia, don’t give your ps3 to just anybody there are a lot guy’s that have e3 flasher and don’t know how to downgrade, check them first, that is my advice, yes a forget to tell you, you can play all the new games on your ps3 and that device is called cobra ode but it’s price is about 150$, without installing, 200$ total amount, rogero is better and a lot cheaper if you ask me

41. van deux says:

Thnks!!…

42. OBBIE says:

EXCUSE ME, MAY I ASK ONE QUESTION PLEASE ? FIRST, I’M SORRY I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE ABOUT PS3 UPGRADE, SO MY QUESTION IS :
    CAN I UPGRADE DIRECTLY TO 4.46 ROGERO ?
    MY PS3 IT’S CFW 4.30 ROGERO, IS THERE ANY TIPS, YOU WANNA SHARE TO ME FOR SAFE UPGRADE
    THANK YOU !!!

43. DeathClown says:

Hi guys i am a bit nervous of upgrading to the new Rogero 4.46 v1.00, firstly will all my games work that i have ? and secondly will all new games work that are being released, most games i have has eboot 3.55, sorry this will be my first time doing this so just trying to get some good insight. and hows the stability of Rogero 4.55 ??

44. Carli says:

Hello, need help please. I just got a new PS3 from my borther but it has cfw 3.56. my question is, can i install rogero 4.46 directly from system update? or i need to dehash it first? thanks

• deniman88 says:

i don’t now that there is 3.56 cfw, you probably haw ofw 3.56, if your ps3 has multiman then you can install rogero, but first dehash and then install rogero, if you haw ofw ps3 then you will need to downgrade it first