UPDATE! Rogero has released an update with Rogero 4.50 v1.00 CFW.
Rogero is back again with a new update to his popular cfw for the PS3 with Rogero 4.46 v1.00. PS3 Official Firmware 4.46 has been available for some time now as a fix for the errors introduced by the PS3 4.45 OFW that resulted to some bricked consoles. And obviously Rogero has skipped making a cfw for 4.45 and went with the more stable 4.46 firmware.
NOTE: This will not work on any PS3 running any Official Firmware higher than 3.55.
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 or
A PS3 running on any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.41
A USB Flash drive or an external hard drive that’s big enough to accommodate the installation files. (192MB and must be Fat32 Format)
Here are the steps on How to install Rogero 4.46 v1.00 cfw:
IMPORTANT! Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.
1. Download the file “Rogero_CEX_4.46_v1.00.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
8. And you’re done!
Here’s whats included in Rogero 4.46 cfw:
ReactPSN patch to work offline without the need to log into PSN at all.
noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver <= 3.41/3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.41/4.46
HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
PSN/SEN access is available but it's not recommended.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.46 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
The CFW can be used for Downgrading with Hardware flashers with PS3 Flash Auto Patcher v4.46
As always, credit and thanks to Rogero over at the Totuga Forums.
“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero
Note: Older versions of Multiman (versions 4.40 and lower) are having problems with Rogero 4.45 cfw, thankfully Deank has released an update with Multiman 4.46.01 to address these issues.