Update: Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW is now available.
Rogero is back again with another update for his popular CFW. The initial Rogero 4.50 CFW did not have toolbox included and many users have requested to bring it back. So today Rogero has answered their request with the Rogero 4.50 V 1.01 update.
Here are the steps on how to install Rogero 4.50 V 1.01 on your PS3:
A USB Flash drive (Must be big enough to accommodate the installation files) or an external HD
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 (and lower) or
A PS3 running any CFW (will also work on Rogero 4.50 V1.00)
Here are the steps:
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.
1. Download the file “PS3UPDAT_Rogero_CEX_4.50_v1.01.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
8. And you’re done!
Here’s whats included in the Rogero 4.50 V1.01 update:
Added the ToolBox to [app_home/PS3_GAME] to restore multiMAN/StealthMAN launch mode from ToolBox. Added XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature. ReactPSN patch to work offline without the need to log into PSN at all. Cinavia Disabled for HDD content only using the DEX files. noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board. This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver <= 3.41/3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40/4.41/4.46/4.50 HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem. Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection. Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support. Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles) Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu. RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB) PSN/SEN access is available but it’s not recommended. It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.50 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed. The CFW can be used for Downgrading with Hardware flashers with PS3 Flash Auto Patcher v4.46a
As always, credits to Rogero over at the Tortuga forums.
“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero