Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW now available

Written by Tech84 on February 16, 2014

PS3 CFW users have been waiting for this for some time now, and thanks to the beta testers along with fellow PS3 developer Habib, Rogero has finally released Rogero 4.55 CFW to the public.

Expect a Rogero 4.55 CFW anytime soon

Here’s whats included in the Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW:

ReactPSN patch.
Cinavia Disabled for HDD content playback only.
noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver <= 4.55
HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
PSN/SEN access is available but it's not recommended.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.55 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
The CFW can be used for Downgrading with Hardware flashers with PS3 Flash Tool v4.55

Here’s how to install Rogero 4.55 CFW:

Requirements:
A USB Flash drive (Must be big enough to accommodate the installation files) or an external HD
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 (and lower) or
A PS3 running any CFW (will also work on Rogero 4.50 V1.00)

Installation File:
Download Rogero 4.55 v1.00 here. (194mb) (Mirror 1)(Mirror 2)

IMPORTANT!
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.

1. Download the file “PS3UPDAT_Rogero_CEX_4.55_v1.00b.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
8. And you’re done!

After updating to Rogero 4.55 CFW you might want to update your Multiman to MultiMAN 04.55.00 to have better compatibility with your new 4.55 CFW.

As always:

“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero

Posted in How to's, PS3, PS3 Homebrew, Rogero,

94 Responses to “Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW now available”

1. Mannix says:

Can we install this over the habib/zero 4.55 cfw?

2. Esa says:

I don’t believe this!
    ROGERO’s back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and TECH4IDIOTS.ORG back too with ROGERO!!!!!!!!
    Thankyou soo much! :-) :-)
    You are the BEST!!! (y)

3. Esa says:

is ROGERO COBRA 4.55 avaliable?
    i waiting for it..

4. Paner says:

Does this have toolbox included? I dont see it pls help

this is notwork

this is 70% Update and stop and show ( the data is corrupted) ???

• Tech84 says:

You can redownload the pup file or update via recovery mode. Some receive some errors when downloading the file using download accelerators.

7. Tenten says:

ty Rogero! i dont trust other cfw, only yours

8. gs says:

hai sir i am from INDIA and your old fan and i was fine Rogerio 4.53 at online games but i am install Rogerio 4.55 and i am play fifa 14 online 2-5 day are fine play but today i am sing in PlayStation network so message me you r banns or suspected id for this console so. i am tired and i not play online game.. so please help me to how to play online game.. because i was trust only on tech4idiots site..
    so please help me and i hope reply soon..

• Ted says:

There will always be a risk of getting banned whenever you go online using any PS3 that has CFW.

One thing you can try to do know is to find out if you have an account ban or a console ban. With an account ban you can just create a new account, but with a console ban it gets more difficult since you would need to find some working console ID and spoof it. OR use some homebrew to change it, but those homebrews only work for a limited time.

Just hope tech4idiots will create a tutorial about those in the future.

Try creating a new account and try going online, if you can, then good for you. But if its still banned then there’s not much we can do about it.

I personally do not play online with my CFW PS3, I have a PS3 with OFW that i use whenever I feel like playing online.

9. gs says:

sir sen/psn enebler are working bann ps3 console????

10. Trevor says:

i use this cfw, can i play gta online or play other games online?

11. Beatdown says:

Can you overlap Rogero 4.46 with this cfw?

12. Akbem says:

Mu PS3 has an Sony official firmware 4.46. can i update it to Rogero 4,55? thank you

13. tarun sharma says:

hello sir im in a big problem please help me i have seen many websites and have come up with no solution this site is my last hope i have a ps3 slim serial no. cech2508a on 4.55 ofw would i be able to jailbreak my ps3 or get it to 3.55 ofw please help me the ps3 has run me out of my money i dont have more money to buy original games please sir help me out it would be nice of you if you could help me out a little bit more while providing me out with links to download the software if there is any it would be very great of you

• Ted says:

You cant install CFW on PS3 that have OFW above 3.55. It would require a hardware flasher in order to downgrade it back to 3.55 and then install CFW from there.

There’s no way to install CFW over any OFW above 3.55 via software only, if any website claims to do so, it’s more likely a scam.

I think this site does not condone piracy, why dont you just borrow or rent the games? its much cheaper than buying them.

14. Dandy says:

Hello

I am having a PS3 with Kmeaw CFW 3.55 and Gia Manager. Till now its working perfectly fine for me for all the older games. Now to play the new games what should i need to do?

1. Install Rogero 4.50/4.55 which one do you recommend?
    2. Do i need to delete Gia Manager?
    3. I currently don’t have multiman. So do i have to install multiman and delete Gia Manager.
    4. Will my older games still work with Rogero 4.50/4.55 ?
    5. I have few PSN games installed in my PS3, will they be deleted when i update my PS3 to Rogero?

• Ted says:

1. 4.55 would be best for playing the latest games
      2. no need, but most Rogero users prefer multiman
      3. I would suggest to install multiman, you can keep gaia if you want
      4. yes
      5. just test them first if they work, if not, just resign them again.

15. airelle says:

can i directly update from my rogero 4.50 v1.01 to 4.55 without downgrading to 3.55 ? inatructions seem simple enough if downgrading wouldn’t be needed.

16. jardine says:

My PS3 is CFW rogero 4.31, is it better to update to this CFW? can i play games without having the errow 8001003C? and do i also need to update my Multiman if i update it to this CFW? thanks!

17. jardine says:

Also, can i update directly to CFW 4.55 Rogero from 4.31 rogero? thanks

18. maubere says:

data is corrupted when is 70% installing??? help pliss…
    thx

19. achraf says:

thanks

20. Mr D says:

Hello,

I am on rogero 4.46. i want to start playing online but do not know where to start. im guessing il have to update to rogero 4.55. but what else do i need to install? What is this spoofer or psn enabler. i have never gone online before even before i hacked my ps3. do i still need to sign up to psn or anything like that?

please help

21. Mr D says:

Is this cfw safe? im just curious because of all the comment saying that the data is corrupted and I dont want to brick my ps3 when updating to 4.55.

what is multiman stealth, do i need this as well to play online?

22. sadiq says:

hi there i am on rogero 4.46,if i install 4.55 will i be able to play old games or no.i think i need 4.55 to play watch dog and wolfestien,thanks in advance

23. mike says:

Hello pls am using rogero3.55 about to update to rogero4.55 when I upgrade it does the upgrade wipe all the games I have on the hdd and if it does not delete it will the games on it play because most of them have cfw 3.55 fix thanks

24. Rizky Leonheart says:

Thanks a lot, it works for me and no problem at all..
    Once again thank you

25. Gamer Tagg: djgamerocker says:

hi I have a ps3 slim on ofw 4.55 is there a possibility that I could spoof the ofw to a cfw theoretically that should work right? if you know of any sites that u trust that you could give me that I can go to and get some more information a bout this I would be grateful for your assistance. thank you for your time if you would prefer to e-mail me the info thane you can contact me at [email protected]

26. Gamer Tagg: djgamerocker says:

I reassently tried to spoof a ofw 4.46 fat ps3 to cfw 4.56 it apparently worked but now my system is stuck in demo mode so

27. syy says:

Heelp….?!

I instal Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW, and can’t see reActPSN….?

• Ted says:

Try reinstalling then resigning your games, but usually after reinstalling theres no need to resign but just resign them just in case.

28. syy says:

Rmeinstalling,Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW again….? it’s better not…i suppose!

i prefer install reActPSN v3.13 alone!

29. syy says:

Reinstalling,Rogero 4.55 v1.00 CFW again….? it’s better not…i suppose!

i prefer install reActPSN v3.13 alone!

30. syy says:

Ha! okay … I suspected you meant it …

thank you!

31. syy says:

even now…, I recommend to download, (4.55 Rogero CFW v1.00):

this address: http://www.tortuga-cove.com

32. Amon says:

can i update from my rogero 4.50 cfw v1.00 –> rogero 4.55 v1.00

33. usman says:

Hello!!
    1. Can I upgrade from Rogero CEX-4.40_v1.03 TO Rogero CEX-4.55 v1.00b ?
    AND … (Is this ‘b’ BETA? OR should I just download 4/55 v1.00) Which one ?
    2. This will wipe out all existing games on internal HDD ?
    3. Will I have to re-install updated ‘MultiMan’ ?

Much thanks in advance to whoever replies!

34. balen says:

can i update this jailbreak for my ps3 4.55 ofw ??????

35. gs says:

Hello sir ,

i am play ps3 Rogerio 4.55 and psn patch get online gaming but sir till the 24/6/2014 morning i am connect to psn my ps3 than message me. system software is update requied. than how i am. or new system update for rogerio/spoofer and other.. please help me

thanks with regards

I am from INDIA

36. gs says:

thanks sir
    i will wait for new rogero 4.60, but there time I am Spoofer 4.55 to 4.60 is working onling gaming ..so thanks..and wait for official 4.60…

37. denish pandit says:

hi, i have take a new ps3. can i update with this firmware PS3UPDAT_Rogero_CEX_4.55_v1.00b. i am scare if any technicl problem occur
    so plz reply

• Ted says:

What is your currents PS3’s firmware?

• Drew says:

Hey guys i have a 4.55 OFW PS3, is it possible to install this? or will i encounter an error and Brick my PS3? plz reply thanks!

• Tech84 says:

It wont brick your PS3 since you would not be able to install this on a PS3 with OFW in the first place.

You would need a hardware flasher if you want to install CFW on any PS3 with OFW higher then version 3.55.

38. Mirza says:

lots of thanks for you….. i already test upgrade frome cwf 4.30 CEX its running smoot now

39. denish pandit says:

my firmware is 4.55, can i install 4.55 rogero cfw

40. ashraf says:

i am new to jb community i have ofw with 4.55 in my ps3 i want to jailbreak using rogero 4.55 cfw. but it showing corrupted at 70% while updating ..pls help me how to fix and how to jailbreak..

• Ted says:

Hi there, Welcome!

Unfortunately, you cannot install CFW on any OFW higher than 3.55.

The only way to do it when you have an OFW higher than 3.55 is to use a hardware flasher.

Currently, there is no way to do it via software only.

41. Cecil Adams says:

Does updating to 4.55 or 4.50 need a format or do I get to keep my data?

42. Cecil Adams says:

I do have Multiman but i don’t know if i have a CFW and my system information in Multiman says 3.55 while the System Settings say 3.60.
    So can someone please tell me if I can install this update normally?

43. Cecil Adams says:

Is it possible to get cobra on this firmware? Please tell me how if it is possible.

44. denish pandit says:

there is no update in your usb. this message can be seen how can i update 4.55 rojero in my ps3 slim model.

• Tech84 says:

Hi there, sorry for the long reply. we hare have been pretty busy, and it seems some of the helpful commenters here like Ted are also not available. He seems pretty knowledgable with PS3 homebrew.

But to answer your question, unfortunately, ps3 slim models cannot be modified to run CFW.

There’s no way to do it currently, and if you encounter anyone claiming to do so, they would most likely to ask for some kind of payment and is most likely a scam.

45. denish pandit says:

plz explain me in detail how to jailbrak my ps3 i am waiting for so long and plz reply me fast as soon as possible……..

46. jg says:

Hello, im from chile.
    i have rogero 4.55 v1.00 with multiman
    when i try to install any game or dlc from the usb port, i cant see it so i cant install it. (i go to “install package files and its empty: “No istallable package was found”

i think than i have a problem with something called “reActPSN” but im not sure…

Can anybody help me please!

47. jab says:

Hi guys
    I hav already downloaded a 4.55 jailbreak from dev tech team v2 but he said no pkg to be downloaded until he release v3 but now i cant do anything it seems to be fake jailbreak so please can u help?