Update: Rogero has released a new PS3 custom firmware with Rogero 4.41 v1.00 cfw. Here’s the link for the tutorial on How to install Rogero 4.41 v1.00 on your PS3
After the public release of Rogero 4.40 v1.02 cfw, Rogero has released a new update to his popular CFW with 4.40 v1.03.
Here’s how to install Rogero 4.40 v1.03 on your PS3:
A USB Flash drive (Must be big enough to accommodate the installation files) or a PS3 External Hard Drive or just a plain External HD
A PS3 running Official Firmware version 3.55 or
A PS3 running on any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
This also works for PS3’s running Rogero 4.40 V1.02 (this is an update duh)
This will NOT WORK on PS3′s running any Official Firmware higher than 3.55 (you will need to downgrade to 3.55 first.)
Also, if you come from a downgraded PS3 (you were on an official firmware 3.60 or higher and then downgraded to 3.55) you would need to Dehash your PS3 first. (no need to dehash if you are already on any of these CFW versions: 4.21/4.30/4.40)
Here are the steps:
Remove any discs inside your PS3 when performing the update.
Note: If you are installing from 3.55, remember to Toggle QA Flag first for a safer install. If you do not know how to do it, here is a tutorial on How to Toggle QA Flag.
1. Download the file “Rogero_CEX_4.40_v1.03.PUP“ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Create a new folder on the Root of your USB flash drive or External HD and name it “PS3” ( it would look like this: x:PS3 where X is the drive)
3. Create a new folder inside the “PS3” folder we just created and name it “UPDATE” . ( it would now look like this: x:PS3/UPDATE)
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file we renamed and place it inside the “UPDATE” folder we just created. ( it should now go something like this: x:PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
5. Insert your USB or External HD into your PS3
6. Turn on your PS3, go to System update and select “Update via Storage Media”
7. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
8. And you’re done!
Alternate installation via Recovery Mode:
(Note: This is assuming you already have the installation files ready on your USB flash drive or External HD , if not follow steps 1 to 5 from above before proceeding)
1. While your PS3 is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button until it turns off
2. When the PS3 is OFF, press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps
3. When this happens, the PS3 should boot up in recovery Mode (if it does not, repeat steps 1 and 1)
4. While on recovery mode, select option 6 (System Update)
5. Just follow any on screen instructions that would come up.
6. And you’re done!
Older versions of Multiman will not work on Rogero 4.40 V1.03, and you would need to update to the latest version of Multiman which is 4.30.00. Here’s the link on How to install Multiman 4.30.00.
Change logs with the Rogero 4.40 v1.03 update:
Rebuilt the CFW with minimal patches needed for similar OFW Stability, also adding full compatibility with multiMAN Tools.
All known issues from v1.02 are fixed now (XMB PS2 Game Saves, Sequential Video Playback, Media Server always on)
Removed Cinavia Patch used on v1.02 because of some compatibility issues (When DEX4.40 is public it will be added properly again)
Added the ToolBox to [app_home/PS3_GAME] to restore multiMAN/StealthMAN launch mode from ToolBox.
Updated the ReactPSN patch to work offline without the need to log into PSN at all (Credits to Team Rebug for their original 4.30.1 Patch)
Added both noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
Credits to Rogero over at Tortuga-Cove
“This CFW was tested on most PS3 Models by different testers and no problems were encountered. But as any CFW release you must install it with caution and by following proper instructions, No one will be held responsible for any damage caused.” – Rogero